We value the sharing of knowledge and the exploration of creativity, because both are so important in this industry. We also appreciate the dedication and passion it takes to be an educator! That’s why every year we dedicate an entire issue to education and are excited to share this issue with you—for many reasons. First, we wrangled Vlada Haggerty into sharing how she evokes her muse—taking you inside this creative force’s mind! Next we line up brand trainers and discuss their approach and experience with education. Then turn to the topic of teaching abroad, gaining insight from numerous make-up artists exploring the world while educating. Also, did you miss IMATS New York and/or IMATS London? That’s OK, we got you! We reminisce with all the highlights and extraordinary make-ups.
ALSO: Kat Von D and her Artistry Collective, the rise and fall of Image Animation, a behind-the-scenes breakdown of the make-ups in Deadpool 2 and The Titan, as well as a deeper look at the creativity and make-ups in the TV shows: 9-1-1, Altered Carbon, Chicago Fire, Genius: Picasso, Godless and Walk the Prank.
Plus these columns:
- What’s in Your Kit? Vancouver Film School’s must-have products.
- Product News: From Morphe, Glossier, Celtic Complexions and more
- Retro Reviews: Vincent Price creates a House of Wax.
- Backstage: 30 years of Phantom of the Opera
- Lab Tech: Seeing eye to eye—how to make the windows to the soul
- Beauty Breakdown: Abigail Spencer in Timeless
- Martini Shot: The skinless-faced man—Richard Martin make-ups times two