The Collaboration Issue is now on sale!
Style and substance. In many ways these two words sum up Issue 135, our Collaboration Issue. While putting together this edition of Make-Up Artist magazine, we were able to connect with many artists on a true artistic level. The exclusive photo feature with Mario Dedivanovic was a special moment for the magazine. Celebrating a long-term collaboration, Issue 135 also highlights our relationship with talented photographer Deverill Weekes. Having collaborated with the magazine for 20 years, our memories reach deep and our respect is ineffable. Go behind the scenes of our tarot photoshoot with Weekes and a talented team of artists, here. This issue also focuses on the world-class book Gorgiality, with make-up by Georgina Billington. Also, we check in with make-up effects shops Amalgamated Dynamics Inc., KNB EFX Group Inc. Alterian Inc., Kevin Yagher Productions Inc. and MastersFX—still thriving for more than 30 years.
ALSO: Mark Coulier transforms Tilda Swinton in director Luca Guadagnino’s gory remake of Suspiria. Coulier also teams up with Jan Sewell for the rock story of the band Queen in Bohemian Rhapsody. Jenny Shircore achieves royal-worthy make-up in Mary Queen of Scots, while Nadia Stacey creates epic, historical looks in The Favourite, and Ivana Primorac breathes life back into a French novelist in Colette. For TV, we highlight the make-up in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina.
Plus, these columns:
- Spotlight on artists from our tarot photoshoot
- How-To: Brian Kinney and Jane Richardson stitch together a beauty/character look inspired by Alexander McQueen
- Product News: ProAiir, Mehron and more
- What’s in Your Kit? Michael Burnett’s must-have products
- Retro Reviews: Collaboration of Master Minds
- Backstage: Schooled in the West End
- Out of the Kit: Learn how sideburns were created for HBO’s The Deuce
- Lab Tech: Airbrush tips
- Beauty Breakdown: The High Priestess look on Juliet Landau
- Martini Shot: Revisiting Planet of the Apes