Our third Tech Issue is all about light! We discuss how to handle different lighting scenarios on set and how advancing technologies affect make-up application, and Joana Bastos uses light painting to illuminate her android-inspired look. ALSO: IMATS Toronto recap; Australian original Ania Milczarczyk; Paloma Romo’s stylized beauty; Oscar Watch 2016; Oscar and BAFTA voting processes; make-up from Doctor Strange, The Magnificent Seven and Westworld; and more!
Plus these columns:
- Industry Buzz: IMATS L.A. preview, Creative Media Skills, new Metamorphoses branch, The Wig Store, Kevin James Bennett’s workshops
- What’s in Your Kit? Stephen Prouty’s must-have items
- Product News featuring Koh Gen Do, Dermaflage, M.A.C., Perricone MD, Ben Nye, Royal & Langnickel, Bdellium Tools, DDF, Skinn Cosmetics and Mr. Dashbo
- Retro Reviews: Creating the Humanoids
- Backstage: Carole Hancock’s Harry Potter and the Cursed Child experience
- Lab Tech: Cheap tricks for goiter effects
- Out of the Kit: Quick scab simulation
- Beauty Breakdown: Jennifer Connelly in American Pastoral
Look for additional IMATS Toronto photos in the online edition.