At Make-Up Artist magazine, we know you’ve worked hard to get where you are, and we want to recognize that with our Make-Up Artist Pro Card. The card—available to professional make-up artists— will provide you with multiple privileges and perks throughout the year, including:
- 15% discount on subscriptions to Make-Up Artist magazine
- 10% discount on tickets to any IMATS in the world
- Expedited IMATS entry*
- Access to pro-only hours and events at IMATS**
- Special invites to pro-only Make-Up Artist events
- Year-round pro discounts from participating partners
- Discounts and offers at the Make-Up Artist Shop (www.makeupmag.com/shop)
- Sneak previews of new products
- Unlimited networking opportunities
- Exclusive Make-Up Artist gifts
- And more perks added all the time
*Via our pro-only registration line
** With purchase of your IMATS ticket
Our New Pro Card Application System
Our new Pro Card management system has a number of new features that will allow us to serve you better. Please send any feedback to [email protected] if you encounter any issues or have any suggestions.
PLEASE NOTE: Applications can take 4 to 6 weeks to process.
How to Apply
- Create an account
- Complete the application
- Be patient (we carefully review each application)
- Once approved, you’ll have access to your profile with news, events and offers specific to Make-Up Artist Pro-Card holders.
How to Renew
- Create an account
- If your card was issued before December 2016, you will need to create a new account.
- Go to your email inbox and confirm your email address. You’ll be redirected back to this page.
- Click the “Apply” button. If your email address matches what is in our system, you’ll be asked to enter your Pro Card number.
- If the card number is found, you’ll be linked to your profile.
- Click the “Renew” button.
If you’re having trouble, or don’t know your Pro Card number, contact [email protected] for assistance.Register
Read About the Types and Requirements
The Student Card is for current students at recognized make-up schools.
REQUIREMENTS: Government-issued photo ID, proof of school affiliation.
The Blue Card is for make-up artists who have attended cosmetology or esthetician school and have obtained an esthetician or cosmetology license or are working professionally as a bridal make-up artist.
REQUIREMENTS: Government-issued photo ID, résumé, current esthetician license, or bridal contracts, W-2s or other proof of doing bridal make-up as a profession.
The Standard Card is for media make-up artists.
REQUIREMENTS: Government-issued photo ID, résumé, three items from the following list: editorial page with name credit, diploma or certificate from recognized make-up academy, program / press materials listing your name, recent contract on production company letterhead, recent paystub from a production company, recent crew / call list on production company letterhead, IMDB listing, current dedicated website showcasing work.
The Gold Card is exclusively for make-up professionals who are represented by a recognized agency, affiliated with a trade union or make-up effects shop, or who work in theater.
REQUIREMENTS: Government-issued photo ID, union card (for union members) or résumé and link to a personal profile on an agency website (for non-union, agency-represented makeup artists).
Understand Your Benefits
|Discount on subscriptions to Make-Up Artist magazine||10%||10%||20%||50%|
|Discount on tickets to any IMATS in the world||10%||10%||20%||FREE|
|Expedited IMATS entry||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to pro-only hours and events at IMATS||Yes*||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|Special invites to pro-only Make-Up Artist events||Yes*||Yes*||Yes||Yes|
|Year-round pro discounts from participating partners||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Unlimited networking opportunities||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sneak previews of new products||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Exclusive Make-Up Artist gifts||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Reserved seating for presentations||No||No||Yes||Yes|
|Expiration date||1 year||2 years||2 years||2 years|
* Some events may require the purchase of a ticket to attend.
Let’s Get StartedRegister
Please note: Applications and Renewal processing may take up to six weeks. If you’re interested in purchasing IMATS tickets we strongly advise that you purchase tickets as soon as possible, as many of our shows sell out.
All Make-Up Artist Pro Cards are the property of Key Publishing Group and are provided for professional identification purposes and access to select services and products related to Make-Up Artist magazine, IMATS and its affiliates. The card is non-transferable and is valid for two years from date of issuance, at which point cardholders are welcome to renew their memberships. Any misuse, alteration or fabrication of the card will subject the cardholder to revocation of the card and its benefits. Revocation policy will be enforced at the sole discretion of Key Publishing Group.